Friday, February 13, 2009

*sigh*

Sue alerted me to the news that a court has ruled on current autism cases. WSJ has a good article, and it's also in their health blog. Sometimes I think the "comments" sections are a real glimpse at just how nutty so many people are. The first commenter in the health blog says

"I think part (if not all) of the Autism Epidemic is caused by the SIDS Back to Sleep campaign" [having kids sleep on their backs].

OK, let's ignore the article and immediately jump on a chance to bore everybody with our own stupid agenda!

I am definitely growing into a someone who really is starting to worry that the average guy now is just a nut.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think everyone has some wacky ideas that they want to get up on a soapbox about. The internet just gives your average Joe a broader audience.

How ironic that you're posting about this on your blog. ;)

Carlw4514 said...

That's for sure.

I figure that no one reads my blog except friends and family and the very rare occasional someone who searches blogs for a topic and comes across mine.

This guy, however, really got to paste his stupid notions right where they didn't belong. I think I'll just quit reading "comments" sections of online articles altogether.

Ironically, I like Book TV from time to time and really enjoy the Q&A from the audience [when they have that] as much as any part of it. I think it shows that the education level on average is much better! Perhaps, somehow, the level of nuttiness for people who like books as well.

Carlw4514 said...

PS:

"to bore everybody with our own stupid agenda"


"How ironic that you're posting about this"


I'm definitely chagrined to find these two items juxtaposed so closely when I review your comment [g]

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I quit reading comments a long time ago. At least that one was well-written. A lot of times the comments are things like "PEOPLE WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE" or "ur so gay, i cant beleve you thot that wuz true".

P.S. I like your blog, so keep writing.