Friday, May 17, 2013

Whew! or Uh-Oh?

I don't have to tell you that there have been stressful episodes in our move. Overall, no biggies maybe. But all of us have stories, no?

Accidentally came across an internet radio/podcast program that lists activities to avoid if you want to stay out of the emergency room. It's an interview with an ER doctor. Well, #9 out of twelve things he lists to avoid is "Retiring and building your dream house".

Tune in at 34:45 in the program. 

http://www.philosophyinaction.com/archive/2013-05-08.html 

#12 is interesting too. 

When I realized what we are doing is not exactly "building your dream house" [it's an existing house] or really retiring either [I plan to still work, Sue will probably too or at least stay busy ] I let out a "whew"! Should I have gone Uh-Oh instead?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Told your brother just the other day - "if I'd known how much fun it would be to be retired, I'd have done it 40 years ago." Seriously, well adjusted (like you & Suzanne) will thrive and not have any (major) issues; minor adjustments, sure, but enjoy!!

~L