Monday, January 26, 2009

Fraud Dept.

This one showed up on one of my credit cards. I suspect fraud and am checking it out. In the link, you see people are advising to monitor activity for other fraudulent charges on any card this comes up on.

I emailed an alert out to all, in case this is widespread. I am buying 100% the idea that this little charge tests whether your card is for real or not to the criminal.

I'll tell you what is making me plenty mad so far: this dates that are posted on the Forum start last December, yet, clearly, the credit card companies cheerfully continue to allow charges to go through. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These types of fraud charges seem to be fairly common. A website I use, Mint.com (think of it as a financial information aggregator), has recently been trying to monitor this and will email their users if they discover they were a victim of these frauds. this isn't mint's purpose, but it's a great value added.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=805